Children love toys and have great fun with them. However, its important to keep in mind that safety should come first. Toys that can make adverse impact on your child’s physical or mental health are to be strictly avoided and there in fact are several safety measures when buying toys from toy stores in Singapore.
Considering the fact that most toy stores in Singapore will sell you any toy and shall not be advising about safety measures, its important that you make yourself aware and then buy toys so that the chances of any miss-hap or adverse impact can be eliminated.
To help you and your children being safe, here are tips about how to buy safe toys in Singapore and the things you should be careful when buying toys from Singapore toy stores.
1. Read the label. Warning labels give important information about how to use a toy and what ages the toy is safe for. Be sure to show your child how to use the toy the right way.
2. Think LARGE. Make sure all toys and parts are larger than your child’s mouth to prevent choking.
3. Avoid toys that shoot objects into the air. They can cause serious eye injuries or choking.
4. Avoid toys that are loud to prevent damage to your
5. Look for stuffed toys that are well made. Make sure all the parts are on tight and seams and edges are secure. It should also be machine washable. Take off any loose ribbons or strings to avoid strangulation. Avoid toys that have small bean-like pellets or stuffing that can cause choking or suffocation if swallowed.
6. Buy plastic toys that are sturdy. Toys made from thin plastic may break easily.
7. Avoid toys with toxic materials that could cause poisoning.
Make sure the label says “nontoxic.”
8. Electric toys should be “UL Approved.” Check the label to be sure.
9. Be careful when buying crib toys. Soft objects, loose bedding, or any objects that could increase the risk of entrapment, suffocation, or strangulation should be kept out of the crib. Any hanging crib toy (mobiles, crib gyms) should be out of the baby’s reach and must be removed when your baby first begins to push up on his or her hands and knees or when the baby is 5 months old, whichever occurs first. These toys can strangle a baby.
Where to find safe toys:
In this age where all types of toys are available on Singapore toy stores, finding toys that are safe for your child and still super fun for them to enjoy is a difficult task. Things like cars, legos, music/sound making objects are so common, and they are unsafe in one way or the other as you read the safety tips above.
In this situation, toys like gunpla, gundam kits and pokemon cards can be the safest, considering that they do not make loud sound, do not contain harmful chemicals, made of sturdy plastic material and are light weight for your children to easily carry as well as play.
The toy store in Singapore where you can buy safe toys in Singapore is
and get to know the various safe, amazing, beautiful and creative toys available here fore your children wanting to have some cool toys in Singapore.